ECR Personal Best Times

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 1.65 Rollercoaster - October 20, 2019
Lap Time: 1:21.9 (AIM Solo2)
Ambient temperature: 65 degrees F
Car: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Estimated weight with driver: 2900 lb
Estimated whp: 178 RWHP
Tires: Bridgestone Hankook RS4 255/40-17

I managed to dip into the 1:21's, I had a dozen runs tantalizingly close before finally breaking through (I had a flier that was on pace for a mid 1:21 but I managed to Karrigan it up and blow the last corner even after telling myself to take it safe). I had to call it a day at lunch since I ran out of brake pad. The inside passenger pad was nearly down to the backing plate and the other passenger side pad was very worn; however, the driver side pads had more than 2.5x as much material left and would have easily lasted the rest of the day. I had meant to bring my spare set of pads but forgot them when I left in the morning, if I had taken off the wheels and checked the inside pads I might have gotten away with swapping them around (I need to get back into the habit of being more vigilant with the pads since ECR is much more demanding on them than MSR Cresson).

My camera gps was a bit wonky, so the fastest lap on the video is a different lap from my best AIM lap (I had multiple rolling laps in the 1:21's though so there's still one on the video). I'm pretty sure lap 7 was my actual fastest lap with the correct start/finish line.

10 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

I managed to dip into the 1:21's, I had a dozen runs tantalizingly close before finally breaking through (I had a flier that was on pace for a mid 1:21 but I managed to Karrigan it up and blow the last corner even after telling myself to take it safe). I had to call it a day at lunch since I ran out of brake pad. The inside passenger pad was nearly down to the backing plate and the other passenger side pad was very worn; however, the driver side pads had more than 2.5x as much material left and would have easily lasted the rest of the day. I had meant to bring my spare set of pads but forgot them when I left in the morning, if I had taken off the wheels and checked the inside pads I might have gotten away with swapping them around (I need to get back into the habit of being more vigilant with the pads since ECR is much more demanding on them than MSR Cresson).

My camera gps was a bit wonky, so the fastest lap on the video is a different lap from my best AIM lap (I had multiple rolling laps in the 1:21's though so there's still one on the video). I'm pretty sure lap 7 was my actual fastest lap with the correct start/finish line.

Only one R in Karigan so lets make sure that my 15 seconds of internet fame is properly credited. This technique is my homage to Billy Buckner and all others who have managed to snatch last second defeat from the jaws of victory. LOL

Lap time: 1:18.99 (AIM2)

Date: Oct 20, 2019

Car: 2001 BMW M Coupe

Estimated weight with driver: 3100 pounds

Estimated RWHP: 290

Tires: midlife NT01s

Estimated temp: High 60s and clear

Dropped into the low 1:20s on Saturday, and knew there was still a lot more time to be gained in the T4-T13 section if I could grow some nads. Tried some incremental changes through that section, but wasn’t getting much payback. Finally said “screw it” during the 2nd morning session and stayed WOT from T4 to braking for T13. Scared the crap outta myself and still not sure how I kept it on the track, but that alone dropped just over 1 second.Probably won’t try that again unless I get some aero or at least a caged car. 

sorry no video, but phone dove to the floorboard on the first lap of that session. Luckily had the AIM2 on a better mount. 

12 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

Really enjoyed chasing you around for a couple of laps. I was impressed with how flat your car is through the corners and how crisp it looks to be on turn-in. You definitely are getting a lot from that platform. 

6 minutes ago, BobKid said:

Really enjoyed chasing you around for a couple of laps. I was impressed with how flat your car is through the corners and how crisp it looks to be on turn-in. You definitely are getting a lot from that platform. 

I had a great time playing until I shifted into 2nd instead of 4th coming out of T4 and spun off the track (spin is at about 2:10):

3 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

I had a great time playing until I shifted into 2nd instead of 4th coming out of T4 and spun off the track (spin is at about 2:10):

HAHAHAH!  BTDT.  (TWS T1 5-2 downshift instead of 5-4... backwards into the dirt at 110!!)  Glad we can both laugh about our goofs instead of sweeping up engine shrapnel.

11 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

Pretty cool that you only ended up about 15' from track edge.

6 minutes ago, El_Tortuga said:

Pretty cool that you only ended up about 15' from track edge.

I disengaged the clutch and went full opposite lock as soon as the back kicked out (I have no idea if I went full 2 feet in, I want to say I was standing on the brakes but that doesn't matter too much when you are completely sideways and I honestly can't remember). I was very worried about going off track while sliding sideways. I was pleasantly surprised at how relatively benign the whole event was and super relieved to stay in the smooth nearby part of the runoff area and that I didn't do any damage to the transmission.

It's nice that there aren't too many things to hit at ECR, but there are plenty of trenches, gullies, and embankments that can really mess you up even if you aren't too far off track.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.0 "The Canyon" 1.65 - Oct 19th, 2019

Lap Time: 1:18.8 (Aim Solo)

Ambient temperature: 80 ?

Car: 2014 Mustang GT

Estimated weight with driver: 3935 lbs

Estimated whp: 365-385 HP

Tires: Hankook RS-4s 305/30/19

Making headway, but definitely a work in progress. Gap to Theoretical is still 1.6 seconds (1:16.2). Best rolling lap was 1:18.3, and had a string of low 19s with an 18 going in the heat of the day when I had my lockup issue. I'm ready for cool temps on Sunday's TT.

33 minutes ago, El_Tortuga said:

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.0 "The Canyon" 1.65 - Oct 19th, 2019

Lap Time: 1:18.8 (Aim Solo)

Ambient temperature: 80 ?

Tires: Hankook RS-4s 305/30/19

Making headway, but definitely a work in progress. Gap to Theoretical is still 1.6 seconds (1:16.2). Best rolling lap was 1:18.3, and had a string of low 19s with an 18 going in the heat of the day when I had my lockup issue. I'm ready for cool temps on Sunday's TT.

Good times!  I still need to make it up to ECR.  Going to the Open Track Day they are having on 11/16.  Will your next tire set be RS4's again or what do you prefer?  I have tried your size RE71R's, but, they overheat on my fat car (similar weight to yours).

30 minutes ago, RUQWIKR said:

Good times!  I still need to make it up to ECR.  Going to the Open Track Day they are having on 11/16.  Will your next tire set be RS4's again or what do you prefer?  I have tried your size RE71R's, but, they overheat on my fat car (similar weight to yours).

Based on my test drive last night "in Mexico" the RS-4s are still very much alive. In any case, I'll be ordering another set as soon as they become available next year. I think I got these in March. The RS-4s are wayyyyyy more durable than comparable tires.

31 minutes ago, El_Tortuga said:

Based on my test drive last night "in Mexico" the RS-4s are still very much alive. In any case, I'll be ordering another set as soon as they become available next year. I think I got these in March. The RS-4s are wayyyyyy more durable than comparable tires.

FYI - the Goodyear Supercar 3 (220TW) is now available in 305/30/19.  The Supercar 3 in 285/305 20" is the standard tire on the ZL1 (non-1LE) and SS 1LE's 2017 and newer.  The 3R (100TW) is the ZL1 1LE tire and has been available in that size for a couple years now.

I have some of those newly available 305/30/19 3's to try out as a longer lasting tire now that my two sons (18 & 21) are tracking the car as well.

3 hours ago, RUQWIKR said:

FYI - the Goodyear Supercar 3 (220TW) is now available in 305/30/19.  The Supercar 3 in 285/305 20" is the standard tire on the ZL1 (non-1LE) and SS 1LE's 2017 and newer.  The 3R (100TW) is the ZL1 1LE tire and has been available in that size for a couple years now.

I have some of those newly available 305/30/19 3's to try out as a longer lasting tire now that my two sons (18 & 21) are tracking the car as well.

How do you like the 3s? Buddy had the early (2014?) F1s and didn't like them. Have heard some rumblings that the new stuff is a completely different animal.

32 minutes ago, El_Tortuga said:

How do you like the 3s? Buddy had the early (2014?) F1s and didn't like them. Have heard some rumblings that the new stuff is a completely different animal.

Sent you IM, too.  The Gen 5's used the G2 (Generation 2) F1 Supercar. They were okay, but, the Supercar 3 is WAY better.  The earlier Gen 1 tire was light years behind.  Based on data and cars I've driven, I'd say the Supercar 3 (220TW), once warmed up, will be better than a RS4 but not as good in sprints as the RE71R or the A052.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 1.65 Rollercoaster - November 9th, 2019
Lap Time: 1:20.2 (AIM Solo2 and Transponder)
Ambient temperature: 60 degrees F
Tires: Hankook RS4 255/40-17

The new set of RS4's definitely seemed to have more grip than the old set. I hit this same time in two different sessions so I know there's more and it won't be long until I go and get it.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.75 Full Track - November 17, 2019
Lap Time: 2:07.39 (AIM Solo2)
Car: 2007 GT3
Estimated weight with driver: 3450 lbs + 170 pound passenger
Estimated whp: 370 rwhp
Tires: 245/315 Pirelli DH scrubs, nearly dead

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 Italian Canyon - November 16th, 2019
Lap Time: 2:16.5 (AIM Solo2)

Great day with Eagles Canyon, the new layout is a ton of fun but it's going to take a few more laps to find the best way around.

8 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

Lap Time: 2:16.5 (AIM Solo2)

Great day with Eagles Canyon, the new layout is a ton of fun but it's going to take a few more laps to find the best way around.

Never underestimate the value of getting a tow from a Mustang.

NEMESIS!!!

Good stuff Sam. Interesting seeing you take short lines where I dare not tread. It might mean ECR 2.6 course for Sam, ECR 2.8 for Joe. LOL. Also you are KILLING me in the back half until exit of 10 where we have almost the exact same speed at the end of the rumbles. I've got a whole lot more to get in T11, Should let it sweep to mid-track, plenty of time to get left for T12.

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.0 "Italian Boot" 2.7 - Nov 16th, 2019

Lap Time: 2:15.2 (Aim Solo)

Ambient temperature: 60 Mostly Sunny

Tires: Bridgestone A-0007As 305/30/19

The track is a good as advertised. Fast and smooth, and the back half add a much increased technical content.

Pretty much more to be had in EVERY corner on the back half but its a good starting point for me. As always, a work in progress. 

https://youtu.be/FWcSPZBM940

Lap Time: 2:20.659 (Transponder)
Ambient temperature: 60°F
Car: 2013 MX-5 Miata Club
Estimated weight with driver: 2730 lbs
WHP: 145 rwhp (Dynojet)
Tires: Hankook RS4 245/40-17

The new layout is a blast.  A lot more time to be had, I'm sure, if I can just clean up my act.

Edit:  I finally got around to uploading my video.  I know I can pick up time, as I'm clearly letting off the throttle in a number of places where I should be flat out (turns 4, 6, 9).  A little more rubber on the track, and I'll be able to screw up my courage.  🙂

Had a blast this weekend at TDE 2.7.  Learning curve is high for all.   Definitely not enough rubber (at all) yet.  I literally had one small spec of rubber in a barrel of a wheel after the event.  There is a lot more in the car / set up with more track time.  Great time hanging out with a lot of track friends like Daniel Byrd, etc.!  He ran real well, too, by the end of the weekend also.  For me, at Turn 11, it's better to stay further left and track out further left at the wide track out at Turn 12, but, my entry into Turn 11 was pinched with me late getting around the very quick STU Miata.  I gave away 0.41 there versus my normal laps comparing them and 0.40 in Turn 3A / Turn 3B.

Track:  ECR 2.7 - 11/24/19

Lap Time:  2:08.69 (GM Performance Data Recorder) / 2:08.70 (AIM SOLO 2) - they are real close if you can mark the finish line on the PDR where AIM has it

Ambient Temp:  62F

Car:  2017 SS 1LE (Stock engine, driveline, & suspension with ZL1 brakes, stock pads)

Weight with driver:  4070# (yikes!)

Estimated whp:  Typical dyno results around 410 RWHP

Tires:  Goodyear Supercar 3R (OEM ZL1 1LE wheels & tires) - 900 street miles to / from track plus 19 HC's during this session

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rOrsGoEdGihcN9HolMtAwgu4dNRCM7lb

Here's a rear camera view (sound is not good since I don't use an external mic, at least not yet).  My wickerbill blocks the view, but, the view shows the elevation changes well.  The old GoPro still is WAY better resolution than the GM PDR crap camera.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KDZ0rmKXg44PjhKETq60MxB8JCiZeYS6/view

Do we need to split this topic into 1.65 vs. 2.75?

Track: Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.75CCW Italian Canyon - 11/24/2019
Lap Time: 2:16.071 (TrackAddict App)
Ambient temperature: ~45°F
Car: 1995 Miata w/VVT, Intake, Headers, Exhaust
Estimated weight with driver: 2400 lbs
WHP: ~125-30
Tires: Hankook RS4 225/45-15

Can't wait to do it CW!

ECR 2.7 on the same day as Hornetball

temps = shorts weather!!

tires = rs4s 255 40 17

car = 2700 with me in it, same 202 whp on e85

Time = 2:15.689 was the best the AIM has on it (but I swear I saw a 2:14.9XX in the mix at some point...grrrrr. Maybe it was a predicted time or something, I was mashing buttons with gloves on?).

Fun FACTOR = 7 million. I love the way the track FLOWS and feels coherent from start to finish. Grip improved significantly through the day Saturday and was great Sunday I thought. Until @clifton23 's Bimmer decided it was time to relieve itself of some coolant pressure haha! :P Also - Pro Tip - hitting the wipers when your windshield is full of glycol rain will INSTANTLY reduces visibility to zero, making the glycol you're now DRIVING THROUGH an exercise in muscle memory / faith in baby jesus lol!