Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ECR Personal Best Times

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

MX5#98

MX5#98

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationAddison, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2012 Mazda Miata MX5
Since several of us will be out at ECR this weekend, I figured it would be great to start a thread for folks to post their best times. I'll post mine on Sunday. Good luck and be safe out there.

MX

Vorshlag-Fair

Vorshlag-Fair

#Watermarked

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX
  • Track Vehicle:1992 Corvette - NASA TTC, 2001 BMW 330Ci - TTD

Since several of us will be out at ECR this weekend, I figured it would be great to start a thread for folks to post their best times. I'll post mine on Sunday. Good luck and be safe out there.

MX

Posted Image

We will be there Saturday, rain or shine. Posted Image Loading up our red 2011 Mustang onto a trailer now, after installing new rotors/pads and pulling out the ballest needed for NASA TT3. Only going to be on street tires, and Amy will be driving not me, but she does all right at ECR.

Posted Image

My previous best lap time at ECR was a 1:56.3, which is shown in the video above. We've made a lot of updates to that car since last October, and I am pretty sure the car would run a 1:55 or quicker now on Hoosier A6s, but I'm not going to be driving this weekend nor will we bring any of the sets of HoHos... so it'll be a lot slower than that. Tires make a huge difference at ECR and Amy will be lucky to approach a 2:00 lap on the skinny 295mm NT-05s we're bringing. Posted Image She has run a best of a 1:57 on Kumho V710s.

See yall tomorrow!

Terry Fair - owner at Vorshlag Motorsports
2001 BMW 330Ci (NASA TTD), 1992 Corvette (TTC), 2013 Scion FR-S (V8 swap in progress)

DTP525

DTP525

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationRichmond, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2007 Honda S2000
Sub 2s are great times at ECR. Wish it was closer to me, I need some more seat time at that track.

Chris S

Chris S

TRACKJUNKIE

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationNorth Richland Hills, TX (DFW area)
  • Track Vehicle:'17 Subaru WRX
I won't be able to post lap times unless somebody wants to time me - no data acquisition gear, and my Contour seems to be on the fritz.

Chris
'17 WRX

acj75

acj75

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDFW TX
  • Track Vehicle:'07 E92 BMW 335i
Lap time: 02:08.162 (AiM SOLO)
Car: '07 E92 BMW 335i
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3500
Estimated wheel horsepower: ~300
Tire size and model: 225/40/18, 255/35/18 Hankook RS3s
Estimated ambient temperature: 37 degrees, sunny, windy, slightly damp

2z9azcp.jpg

'07 E92 BMW 335i

fducz9.jpg

MX5#98

MX5#98

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationAddison, TX
Man, that is a good lookin' Beemer.

MX5#98

MX5#98

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationAddison, TX

Posted Image

We will be there Saturday, rain or shine. Posted Image Loading up our red 2011 Mustang onto a trailer now, after installing new rotors/pads and pulling out the ballest needed for NASA TT3. Only going to be on street tires, and Amy will be driving not me, but she does all right at ECR.

Posted Image

My previous best lap time at ECR was a 1:56.3, which is shown in the video above. We've made a lot of updates to that car since last October, and I am pretty sure the car would run a 1:55 or quicker now on Hoosier A6s, but I'm not going to be driving this weekend nor will we bring any of the sets of HoHos... so it'll be a lot slower than that. Tires make a huge difference at ECR and Amy will be lucky to approach a 2:00 lap on the skinny 295mm NT-05s we're bringing. Posted Image She has run a best of a 1:57 on Kumho V710s.

See yall tomorrow!

My daughter ran with Amy at the Toy Run and she did a 1:57!!!

jefrac

jefrac

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationTexas, DFW
  • Track Vehicle:Silver '06 Lotus Elise, Silver '99 Miata
Had fun at the SCCA PDX the other day.... Beautiful weather, great racing to watch, overall a really good time. There were not many unimpeded laps since we had a big disparity in car speeds but that was OK. I got down in the 2:11's in the last session but by then my GoPro battery was done. Here is a 2:12:84 where I totally blew a couple of corners. Much more practice required.

Alan

Alan

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationNew Braunfels
  • Track Vehicle:2003 MINI Cooper S

Lap time: 02:05.37
Car: '03 MINI Cooper S
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 2540
Estimated wheel horsepower: 176.52
Tire size and model: 205/50/15 Toyo RR
Estimated ambient temperature: 65, mostly sunny, dry

It's lap 4:

" once you put your helmet on and your visor goes down it doesn’t really matter how old you are.”  Colin Edwards   August 8, 2014

Bruce

Bruce

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
That's a great time for a GTS2 car Alan!

Alan

Alan

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationNew Braunfels
  • Track Vehicle:2003 MINI Cooper S

That's a great time for a GTS2 car Alan!

Thanks!  smile.png

Don't tell anybody but the car was 20 lbs under-weight.  ohmy.png   That really caught me by surprise.  I was guesstimating the car to be at least another 100 lbs heavier.  I guess all that plastic, styrofoam, cardboard, and carpeting adds up.  

The car goes back to illicit motorsports Monday to add another battery cut-off easily accessible from the outside, and a fire suppression system.  Then I think its ready for TWS next month.  I'm also going to mount the cool-shirt box so I can fill it with water to make weight.

" once you put your helmet on and your visor goes down it doesn’t really matter how old you are.”  Colin Edwards   August 8, 2014

DallasBoosted

DallasBoosted

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Track Vehicle:Lexus RCF

Would appreciate some internet-coaching from you racers and better-than-me type drivers... went to Eagles Canyon yesterday with the Corvette club, and although I pulled off a reasonably good lap (2:04.3) I feel like I could have done better.  The car is certainly capable.  If any of you can watch my video and give me some pointers, I would appreciate it.

himself

himself

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:6GT3 | Spec Barbie | 7C2Cab
Wow. The track looks like like its got patches everywhere.

-td

DallasBoosted

DallasBoosted

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationDallas

Wow. The track looks like like its got patches everywhere.

-td

And it's ridiculously bumpy.

Davidss

Davidss

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFort Worth
  • Track Vehicle:CRX

Would appreciate some internet-coaching from you racers and better-than-me type drivers... went to Eagles Canyon yesterday with the Corvette club, and although I pulled off a reasonably good lap (2:04.3) I feel like I could have done better.  The car is certainly capable.  If any of you can watch my video and give me some pointers, I would appreciate it.

IMHO it looks like you could brake later almost everywhere.

pmptx

pmptx

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationDFW
  • Track Vehicle:2008 S2000

2008 S2000

NT01, ~220 rwhp, coilovers and front bar (pretty standard for a tracked S2000)

First time at the track, was fun and will be back. A bit of creative lines to get to the the smoother parts and some of the more non polished areas of the turns.

2:09.8

Thanks Thomas for the ride along and tips.

Dave

Dave

Ugh. This is what is heard when I post.

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts
  • LocationDFW

It's hard to give feedback on a video. Maybe you can "borrow" someone's data who has a better lap time than you. I'd give you some of mine, but I haven't been there in years and chances are I'd be slower than you anyways! huh.png Also, you might want to consider adding a friction circle gauge to your videos. I use that alot on mine to see how well I'm trail braking into turns. 

Shuka

Shuka

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:K24 swap Miata

IMHO it looks like you could brake later almost everywhere.

I can't watch the video at work, but this sounds like good advice. The radii of the turns is big enough to allow a later, heavy braking zone very deep into the turn. Hustler gave me that pointer and I dropped several seconds!

DallasBoosted

DallasBoosted

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationDallas

If anyone has a Solo DL data file from a good lap or two with a street car, hook me up!  (Good idea Dave).  Thanks!

Bryant

Bryant

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Track Vehicle:95 Civic hatch, 97 Civic hatch
1996 Integra
~2550 # with driver ~165 whp
Coilovers, swaybar, adjustable camber, rs-3
2:13

This integra's suspension and braking setup is now on a civic hatchback which weighs about 150 pounds less. Looking forward to testing at ecr this weekend to see if there's much of a difference.