HDA

CotA Lap Times

On 5/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, Ryan Schimsk said:
Date: May 19 2019
Car: 2019 Porsche GT2RS - track alignment, otherwise stock.
Track: COTA 
Lap time: 2:15.45
Weight with driver: 3450lbs
BHP: 700
Tires: Pirelli DH

When working corners, I always wondered if anyone else heard that flutter sound from the GT2/GT3 cars at speed.  I guess so since you can clearly hear it inside the car in that video.

any idea what part of the car/aero creates that noise? always thought it was strange and I could tell when one was coming into my corner before I could even see it.

4 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

When working corners, I always wondered if anyone else heard that flutter sound from the GT2/GT3 cars at speed.  I guess so since you can clearly hear it inside the car in that video.

any idea what part of the car/aero creates that noise? always thought it was strange and I could tell when one was coming into my corner before I could even see it.

Wind buffeting caused by side windows being lowered. All 991 generation cars have it. It’s annoying as hell. 

There are deflectors you can buy to attach to the window triangles to alleviate it but still. 

Best solution is to run windows up and AC on. Like the rest of the world do..,,,

1 hour ago, wind said:

Wind buffeting caused by side windows being lowered. All 991 generation cars have it. It’s annoying as hell. 

There are deflectors you can buy to attach to the window triangles to alleviate it but still. 

Best solution is to run windows up and AC on. Like the rest of the world do..,,,

GT3 AC compressors don't like 9k revs.  We learned that with ours at LRA.   And you'd think it would shut off WOT, but who knows.  It ate a lot of them.

1 hour ago, tyhackman15 said:

GT3 AC compressors don't like 9k revs.  We learned that with ours at LRA.   And you'd think it would shut off WOT, but who knows.  It ate a lot of them.

Wow that’s news to me. What year is your GT3? You’d think this will be reported all over the other places where ppl track with windows up.

I was doing track events at the Nordschleife and Spa earlier this month. People are shocked to hear that we have to drive with windows down and stick our arms out to let people pass on track 😂 

2 hours ago, tyhackman15 said:

All of my Nissans would disconnect A/C at WOT as well.  the problem isn't the 9k revs at WOT.   it's the instant you lift off the gas at 8999rpm and the compressor kicks back on from a stop.  so it's instantly going from 0 to 9000RPM and then disconnecting again 5 seconds later.

that would be a hard life for both compressor clutch and the internals.

22 minutes ago, wind said:

Wow that’s news to me. What year is your GT3? You’d think this will be reported all over the other places where ppl track with windows up.

I was doing track events at the Nordschleife and Spa earlier this month. People are shocked to hear that we have to drive with windows down and stick our arms out to let people pass on track 😂 

Don't recall, want to say '16?  Don't work there anymore, but it was on it's 3rd unit.  Maybe blame the dealer, who knows

i've been tracking 991 generation gt3/gt3rs/gt2rs heavily for over 3 years, never heard of a/c compressor failure.. But I am pretty good about turning it off and sweating it out,  good info. 🙂

On 5/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, Ryan Schimsk said:
Date: May 19 2019
Car: 2019 Porsche GT2RS - track alignment, otherwise stock.
Track: COTA 
Lap time: 2:15.45
Weight with driver: 3450lbs
BHP: 700
Tires: Pirelli DH

That thing is haulin!  170mph top speed sheesh.  My cobra has about the same power but weighs around 3800 w/ driver.  Seems like I need to go on diet.