robertcope

College Station Area Info

Guest lobster

Bring a tent and camp at the track. If you want a campfire, bring your own firewood and camp out on the T/dragstrip in the back. I regularly see campfire remains out there in the dirt.

A quick Google search shows Lake Bryan is about 30 min away as well. http://www.lakebryan.com/camping

I think I'm going to camp at the track next time I'm out in December with TDE just to save a couple bucks 

I got a fancy new REI tent I need to try out anyway. 

There ya go.   This is part of the reason I bought an enclosed trailer.  I just bring a hammock and sleeping bag and hang it up in the trailer.

If it's really cold (below 45 or so at night), then I'll use an air mattress and multiple blankets/sleeping bags and just sleep on the floor of the trailer.

If they still have the concrete stands up on the front straight, that's a great place to pitch your tent when the weather is nice.  the bugs aren't as bad and there's usually a breeze when you're 20ft up.

Guest lobster

you guys with your fancy trailers, RV's and what not. 

pshh.  This December you'll find me perched on the grandstands hunting crows in a loincloth like a real man.  

you guys with your fancy trailers, RV's and what not. 

pshh.  This December you'll find me perched on the grandstands hunting crows in a loincloth like a real man.  

HAHAHA!   you're saying this to a guy with a 15 yr old truck and trailer, and a 34 yr old race car.. :)

Thanks all!  We were planning to camp at the track.  But a restless 4 yr old and 6 yr old have us looking for a playground or park or hiking trails or something to help keep them occupied while I'm on track/pits/class.

Thanks Matt.  We'll look into Lake Bryan.

Does anyone know of any nearby DIY car washes?

I drive from Dallas and by the time I arrived it was already dirty, and after 2 track days it was horrid. I hated leaving all that brake dust on there for so long on my wheels, especially after it rained.

I wasn't familiar enough with the area to go roaming around, so just waited till I got back home to give it a good cleaning.

Alignment in CS?  

I recently got an alignment here in Corpus Christi but I am not confident it is accurate.  Visually it is way off and I want to get it checked and possibly fixed.  Is there a place that TJ's trust?