BJ's Brewhouse

Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts - 969-693-2488

NAPA - 979-696-6272

O'Reilly - 949-764-2805

Tire Shops

Tire Max- 979-696-3200

Discount Tire - 979-693-0177

Tire Max now has a satellite shop at TWS (old Hough Racecraft shop). Because of the mounting machines they use, I would only recommend taking track wheels to either of their locations.

I take my street wheels (including my $10K CF Dymags) to Discount Tire. Good machines and experienced crew. Never a nick.

NAPA has the best in-house stock of parts and fluids for European cars in College Station. They are open on Sunday. They used to have free 1-hour delivery to TWS when Speedwerks/Hough Racecraft had a shop there....

The manor house used to be the place to stay 6-8 yrs ago now everyone quit going there and calls it the maneur house due to it being so nasty now.

At least on PDS and TDE weekends, the parking lot of full of "event cars". They've remodeled a lot (or all?) of the rooms in the last year or so! I'm sure it still isn't nice compared to better hotels in town, but the price is right, I guess.

robert

Coco Loco? Guess I made a lasting impression on the ags.

Uh...the list is missing the Freebirds. Only reason I used to stop in College Station: they have a Freebirds. (Okay, that's not that special anymore, but...yep.)

Originally named the Manor House, as opposed to Manor Inn, our beloved "Manure House", has come a long, long way with recent improvements. It's not the Hilton, but the track rate is great, and that's where we find the TJ tailgate parties -- which are in themselves worth the price of admission.

Oh and Ajay loves the swimming pool.

Whaaa, you don't stop in CS to see me? Now I am sad! But you're right, Freebirds should probably be in the list.

robert

I didn't know you then!

If you're up for a blast from the past , the Travel Lodge in Bryan is $ 40 a night.

A couple of weeks ago for TDE everything was sold out and I ended up there thru Hotel.com

It's old , it's out of the main action , but it's $ 40 a night and it;s cleaner than the Manure House , it's just renting a shower and a bed ... Stayed in much worse for twice the price

I would recommend adding a "trusted shops" to the list or something like that.

I've gotten to know the guys over at Auto-Fix Unlimited (on rock prairie and welborn) do good work at fair prices and everyone there is very friendly.

And I'm currently having some body work done over at (Doug's) Classic Auto and Restoration on HWY 21 in Bryan, I'll let you guys know how it turns out, but so far their customer service has been good.

The Car-Doc that shares a building with the Advance you have listed have done nothing by try to rip me off every time I've been there ($200 to swap break pads and front rotors when I provided the parts) and generally treat me like "some dumb college kid."

Manor Inn is definitely your best bet for low cost accommodations. It's everything you need in a hotel and not a single thing more. Reasonably clean (although sometimes not). There's that mexican place in the same parking lot that you can walk to for dinner on those Saturday nights you're just exhausted. I'm not creeped out parking nice cars or trailers in the lot. They're accustomed to dealing with track junkies. It's a bed at a price that tests the lower bounds of possibility. Every time I check out from the Manor Inn I get confused and think that my total bill is the daily rate, not the price for the whole weekend.

Lately we've been staying at the Courtyard Marriott. It's more than double the cost of the Manor Inn, the free breakfast doesn't start until long after the driver's meetings do so we don't get to eat there, but it's a lot more comfortable a stay. It's also a little bit closer to the track, and at the same exit as the Kroger that has the Starbucks (nice in the mornings). For cold weather events I like getting the room with the hot tub in it. It's probably not worth the price jump over the Manor Inn, even if you have a use for Marriott reward points, but it is a lot nicer.

In March we stayed at the Four Points Sheraton because it was a last minute booking and everything else was full. It was on par with the Marriott pricing, but a much worse experience. The hotel was not very nice, parking was terrible (and sketchy) and it's a lot farther away from the track. Not recommended, even if you have a use for Starwood reward points.

If the coffee at the track isn't strong enough for you, skip the Starbucks that's in College Station and go to the one that's inside the Kroger on the way to the track. It's open a lot earlier and you'll get in and out a lot faster. Plus you can pick up water or other provisions for the day.

If the coffee at the track isn't strong enough for you, skip the Starbucks that's in College Station and go to the one that's inside the Kroger on the way to the track. It's open a lot earlier and you'll get in and out a lot faster. Plus you can pick up water or other provisions for the day.

Good to know! Thanks Caffeine Brother