Dave

MSR 3.1 Lap Times

You are not thinking clearly.

In my mind, if I'm faster by any margin at all then I'm "way faster". Now I can be trailing someone "by only 2-3 seconds" and we are virtually heads up. :)

Naw, you need to apply contact time to the equation here. If one of you are faster, I only have to hear about it now and then if I log in.

But if it’s my wife thats even a tenth of a second faster, I’ve gotta hear about it 24/7 until the next DE.

Date: 4/01/19

Car:  1990 Honda Civic (turbo)

Track name: MotorSport Ranch 3.1
Track location: Cresson, TX
Lap time: 2:29.045 (Track Addict)

Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 2400 With Driver
Estimated wheel horsepower: 305
Tire size and model: 245/40/15 F/ 205/50/15 R Maxxis RC-1

Estimated ambient temperature: 55

Over 2 years since I've run Cresson. Final session of the day and wasn't driving like this was going to be my fastest lap of the day. Guess that means I need try less and not overdrive my car.

Car: 2014 Porsche Boxster S

Estimated weight with driver: 3200 pounds

Estimated RWHP: ~310

Track Addict Lap time: 2:27.62

Date: February 24, 2019

Tires: late life NT01s (245/40-R18 275/40-R18)

Estimated temp: High 40s and clear

I started at the front on my second session of the day.  With a clear track in front of me, and after a couple of warmup laps, I hit my 3 personal best times on this track consecutively.  This was my last session in PCA Yellow (intermediate) before moving up to White (advanced).

MSR- 3.1

Date- 06/17/19

Lap time- 2.19.31 (AIM SOLO 2DL)

2019 ZL1 1LE (Stock)

Weight with driver- 4050

Tire- Goodyear Supercar 3R (stock 305-325)

88 degrees 62% humidity (Heavy rain nigth before)

Missed shift in the first lap and then checked up a little for the traffic and tried late apexing Big Ben a little too late. Car has a 2.18 in it for sure.

Well I figured I'd share mine. I was pretty happy with this lap.

Track MSRC 3.1

Date 08/25/19

Lap time 2.32.8 (AIM Solo DL)

Car Spec Miata

RWHP 120

Weight with driver 2500

Tire Hoosier R7 225/15 with 16 HC

Weather 99 degrees F

Lap time: 2:28:7 (AIM)
Date: February 22, 2020
Car: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Estimated weight with driver: 2900 pounds
Estimated RWHP: 178
Tires: 255/40-17 Hankook RS4
Estimated temp: 50F

It's been awhile since I've done the 3.1 and I've always struggled with setting good laps there thanks to the length and limited number of runs. The PCA makes it a little easier though with open passing which makes it easier to get around slower drivers in faster when you don't have the power to just drag them down the straights. The weekend was a blast and the rain held out until the very end of the day Sunday. I managed to match my time Sunday after I put on some new brake pads. Halfway through the day on Saturday the bolts connecting my headers and overpipe vanished and my car got much louder. I found a replacement nut and bolt that I installed Sunday morning before the drivers' meeting; however, I actually needed two so my exhaust was only partially fixed (made it quiet enough to not worry about at least).

Me (AIM2)

Lap time: 2:28:36

Date: February 23, 2020

Car: 2001 BMW M Coupe

Estimated weight with driver: 3100 pounds

Estimated RWHP: ~290

Tires: late life NT01s

Estimated temp: Low 50s, windy and cloudy

Loosened up my suspension from Saturday's sessions and gained just a hair on time. Car felt a lot looser, but that's more what I'm used to and for me it makes rotating the car a lot easier.  Unfortunately my tires totally gave up the ghost during the 3rd session and it felt like I lost almost all rear grip in the course of 3 laps. Fronts which were newer did fine, but rears just absolutely quit mid-session. First time I've seen NT01s do that, usually they're pretty even all the way to the cords.

https://youtu.be/93KepXAIyYM

Debbie (my wife)

Lap time: 2:29:06 (AIM2)

Date: February 22, 2020

Car: 2014 Cayman S

Estimated weight with driver: 3300 pounds

Estimated RWHP: ~300

Tires: late life NT01s

Estimated temp: Low 50s and clear

Deb got her best times on Saturday afternoon when the sun was out. 

Both of us loved the mixed Red/White sessions this weekend and hope the PCA will do that regularly in the future. I missed running with some of you folks who've moved on to instruct and it was nice to get to play with some of y'all again. 

Date: 5-3-20

Lap time: 2:55:00

Car: 2005 BMW Z4 2.5i

Est weight: ~3100

Est HP: 190

Tires: 225-45/17 MPSS

Temperature: 86°

First time running this track track for me. Man it was a struggle to learn. By Sunday I finally had a decent grasp on the track, but was still not hitting braking zones very well and I still have no idea how to execute turn 8-9. I was also giving out so many passes that it slowed me down even more. I was basically a green, running around in blue. Still a hell of a fun track. Hopefully I can get back out there again sometime this year.

https://youtu.be/68tZEe1Qxig?t=192

Track: MSR-C 3.1, 5/2/20
Lap Time: 2:37.89 (AiM Solo)
Ambient temperature: 70 degrees F
Car: 2008 Mazda Miata
Estimated weight with driver: ~2700 lbs
Estimated whp: ~145 RWHP
Tires Front: Federal 595 RSR 215/45-17
Tires Rear: Hankook RS4 215/45-17

First time running the big track in 4 years. Better tires, suspension, and most importantly, driver improvement helped me knock more than 4 secs off my previous PB. Apologies in advance for the shit video and audio quality.

Track: MSR Cresson
Date: May 3rd, 2020
Lap Time: 2:25.36 (Solo DL)
Car: 2011 E92 M3
Estimated weight with driver: 3300

Estimated whp: 350 WHP
Tires: 275 R7's
Weather: 75, Sunny

This was my first time back on the track in 2 yrs and my first time running the Big track in 7 years. My 1st day was spent in the Blue and Yellow run groups because of my limited track time the past 4-5 yrs. My 2nd day I was running in the Red run group where I felt a little more at home. My best lap was lap 8 surprisingly since I had to wait for 3 point-by and take a slightly slower line. It was great weather and really fun to be back. TDE did an excellent job of keeping everyone safe!

IMG_1742.JPG

4 hours ago, docphang said:

IMG_1742.JPG

Damn. I envy that consistency even more than I envy the lap time.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:01 PM, vchengap said:

Damn. I envy that consistency even more than I envy the lap time.

check the data. 😉

I've pulled my shoulder out of socket patting myself on the back for similar only to be shocked at the variance when I looked corner to corner. 

On 5/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, docphang said:

This was my first time back on the track in 2 yrs and my first time running the Big track in 7 years. My 1st day was spent in the Blue and Yellow run groups because of my limited track time the past 4-5 yrs. My 2nd day I was running in the Red run group where I felt a little more at home. My best lap was lap 8 surprisingly since I had to wait for 3 point-by and take a slightly slower line. It was great weather and really fun to be back. TDE did an excellent job of keeping everyone safe!

I wondered what the deal was. You were absolutely murdering the average Blue pace. I distinctly remember giving you some passes and you came by like a bat out of hell 

On 5/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, SikedSyko said:

I wondered what the deal was. You were absolutely murdering the average Blue pace. I distinctly remember giving you some passes and you came by like a bat out of hell 

It was the instructor....lol

Track: MSR Cresson
Date: May 3rd, 2020
Lap Time: 2:38.64 With an instructor
Car: 2017 BMW M2 
Estimated weight with driver: 37-3800?

Tires: stock staggered size, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
Brakes: Stock Except flush with RBF600
Suspension: Bone Stock

First time at Cresson and I love this track!  Originally I was a bit disappointed to be put back in green group since I told Rick I hadn’t tracked since 2016 which I later realized was wrong since I forgot I did an open track day in 2017. While there was a lot of traffic, I learned a tremendous amount about the track and came away satisfied learning about my new car and what it’s capable of. I got my bump back up and can’t wait to be playing with some quicker cars again!

Ps, yes, the laptimes were all over the place because of traffic but was fun regardless.

4CC7E9C9-9172-4B9E-AB7F-11742C75AF3F.jpeg

9D3CAF19-49E5-4872-84B5-A0648441A4B5.jpeg

Lap time: 2:29.04 (PDR)
Date: October 19, 2020
Car: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Est weight: 3747 lbs curb weight
Est WHP: 415 (455hp crank)
Tires: Stock Goodyear Supercar 3 285/30ZR-20 front and 305/30ZR-20 rear 
Temperature: about 63°F with an overcast sky all day

I added some notes about the problems I saw with this lap to the video description and uploaded a partial lap that was a little better/faster before I came up on some traffic, but any additional feedback is welcome!

This was my first time on the full 3.1 course so I am happy with my time but the lap was far from perfect.  There is a 2:27 PDR video on YouTube from another SS 1LE owner with more experience on the 3.1 and I believe RUQWIKR said that he got a 2:24 in his SS 1LE back when it was stock.  This was also my first time running with Edge Addicts since NOLA back in 2017.  The Monday event was an incredible value for the amount of track time offered and I think a lot of people left early because they were signed up for Saturday/Sunday too so I got a good number of laps without traffic in the afternoon.

I also had a scary spin and made a playlist with some other videos from the event.

Track: 3.1
Date: Nov 7, 2020
Lap Time: 2:22.9 (Solo DL)
Car: 2004 BMW M3
Weight with driver: 2900

WHP: 311
Tires: NT01 275/40R17s
Weather: 70, Sunny

First time with my homemade carbon splitter and more angle on the rear wing. Didn't get the fast lap on video but here is one in case you can't sleep.

bigjae46:  The video laps were in the 2:26-2:27 or higher range.  Where'd the 3-4+ second improvement come from to get 2:22.9?

On 11/11/2020 at 11:14 AM, RUQWIKR said:

bigjae46:  The video laps were in the 2:26-2:27 or higher range.  Where'd the 3-4+ second improvement come from to get 2:22.9?

No traffic and tires that weren't almost dead.

2 hours ago, bigjae1976 said:

No traffic and tires that weren't almost dead.

Gotcha.  I like whatever mic set up you have - where you hear the exhaust nicely with minimal wind noise.

Date: Nov 16, 2020
Lap Time: 2:26.3 (Solo DL)
Car: 2009 Cayman S
Weight with driver: 3250

WHP: ~300
Tires: RE-71R

I over-slowed for ricochet and was sloppy in several places, but still managed to cut a second off my previous PB.

Date: Nov 7, 2020
Lap Time: 2:28.38 (Solo DL)
Car: 2009 Porsche Cayman S
Weight with driver: 3200

WHP: 290ish
Tires: Hankook RS4's 

Tires are at end of life.  The fall off after my first session of the day was significant where I went from consistent 2:29's up to 2:32's after the first session.  Maybe some stickier rubber is next for me.  🙂