ken o

MSR 1.7 Lap Times

On 2/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, Ryan Schimsk said:

Listen man, I know you felt super clever typing out those paragraphs, but at the end of the day, you're the slow guy with a couple fast friends projecting your insecurities on a message board that about 5 people probably actively read.   I dont have anything to prove to you or anyone else here.   You made a wild claim that cannot be backed up, and you're slower than my street car around a race track in your gutted plastic barbie car, and thats about all i have to say about that. 

dang, you're so fucking cool man. I bet all the bitches flock to that knarley p car of yours. your dicks probably huge. 

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date: 3/7/20 
Lap time: 1:18.6 (transponder) 
Car: Honduh 20000 (Street Car) 
Total vehicle weight with driver: 2800 lbs 
Wheel horsepower: 248

No video cause I'm not as cool as Ryan is. Being super cool pro driver and all. 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, Ryan Schimsk said:

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date: 1/1/2020
Lap time: 1:16.4
Car: 991 GT3
Total vehicle weight with driver: 3350
Wheel horsepower: 400
Tires:  hankook c51
Estimated ambient temperature: 45 degrees, windy

This was my first time to MSRC with this car.  I expect to dip into the 14's maybe 13s on fresh rubber and a few more laps of seat time. 

Is that the MXG 1.2?  This is really the first size comparison I've seen and I'm wanting to move to that setup on my cobra.

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date: 4/16/20
Lap time: 1:18.495 (via AIM Solo 2 DL)
Car: Ariel Atom SRA
Total vehicle weight with driver: 1685 lbs (well, maybe 1695 lbs after 4 weeks of coronavirus lockdown)
Wheel horsepower: 202 hp (230hp crank)
Tires:  205/50/R15 Hoosier A7 fronts, 245/40/R15 Hoosier A7 rears. 7 HCs.
Estimated ambient temperature: 80.6F

MSRC 1.7 CCW
Date: May 10, 2020
Lap time: 1:23.058 with Aim Solo
Car: 1995 BMW M3
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 2900
Estimated wheel horsepower: 250
Tire size and model: 255/40/17 RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 60's

Members day at MSRC. Weather was great. So close to a 1:22, yet so far. Watching the video this was not a pretty lap. Big bend traffic at the beginning and end of the lap, and plenty of little mistakes on my part in between. Theoretical best from the day says there's a 1:19.8 in there, but that's a loooong way off. This does show that a 25 year old chassis can still hustle, if it only had a decent driver at the wheel. 

Obviously not me, but quickest I've seen posted. Anyone seen anything faster than the 1:09.4 on the last  lap?