ken o

MSR 1.7 Lap Times

12 minutes ago, Ryan Schimsk said:

Sorry man, 94+ or you're trash lol

Looks like 83 means you're trash from my seat.  

Just now, Ryan Schimsk said:

your set is a couple seconds behind mine though.  Your gutted fisherprice car cant even keep up with a street car. 

Whats a fisher price car?  Is that Porsche fan speak for Corvettes?   Talk all the shit you want about Corvettes I don't drink the Corvette kool aid.  I like my particular car and it's paid off.  I wouldn't give anyone shit for racing any type of car.    This is a forum for track driving enthusiasts.  No difference between someone driving a Miata or a Veyron in my eyes.     

With that, look man I'm really sorry you got your feelings hurt.    I really don't know why you're so upset.  If you want to talk about it, PM me ill even give you my phone number.   I really think you just took my comment the wrong way and would be happy to explain as I guess typing it 3 different ways and other people also typing it isn't making the point.     

I wasn't calling you out on anything.  I was super surprised to see how fast a GT3 was is all.    You're obviously a good driver and I wasn't comparing myself with you.   I thought that hey we got a fast driver here, based on power/weight he would fit into my class... one that has recently lost some numbers in the field.     I didn't realize yesterday until later that a GT3 slots into a class above mine because of the DSG and what have you.   You would have to detune to be in my class (and you would probably still be competitive)   

And no I can't keep up with well driven cars that are faster than my own.   you're right.  So,  i'm not sure what you're getting at there.  

I know this is the internet and people say you have to have thick skin and whatever, but sometimes people get their feelings hurt and get really defensive.  You really dont have to be ashamed of that.    We're all friends here and we don't want each other getting upset especially for the wrong reasons.  

Again if you need anyone to talk to about your feelings I'm here man.   

2 minutes ago, Ryan Schimsk said:

TLDR, You claim i got my feelings hurt and then you type a novel? 

I wasn't claiming anything, simply saying im here to talk because your feelings are hurt.  

Back on topic.. One lap in each car.

Track MSRC 1.7 CCW

Date 08/22/19

Lap time 1.25.0 (AIM Solo DL)

Car Spec Miata

RWHP 120

Weight with driver 2500

Tire 225 R7 (10 HC)

Weather 95+

Track MSRC 1.7 CCW

Date 12/29/19

Lap time 1.23.6 (AIM Solo DL)

Car E36 M3

RWHP 230 (est.)

Weight with driver 3100

Tire 245/40/17 RS4

Weather 50 degrees F

Listen man, I know you felt super clever typing out those paragraphs, but at the end of the day, you're the slow guy with a couple fast friends projecting your insecurities on a message board that about 5 people probably actively read.   I dont have anything to prove to you or anyone else here.   You made a wild claim that cannot be backed up, and you're slower than my street car around a race track in your gutted plastic barbie car, and thats about all i have to say about that. 

Ryan, relax guy. Lobbo repeatedly complimented your car and your driving, and pointed out an area for improvement. Relax -- He's not attacking you. He is a track record holder and race winner in a competitive class. He has solid advice to offer. If you can get over your butthurt, maybe you can take his white flag that he's obviously extending, and we can move on. Or are you going to keep doubling down?

1 minute ago, Clay said:

Ryan, relax guy. Lobbo repeatedly complimented your car and your driving, and pointed out an area for improvement. Relax -- He's not attacking you. He is a track record holder and race winner in a competitive class. He has solid advice to offer. If you can get over your butthurt, maybe you can take his white flag that he's obviously extending, and we can move on. Or are you going to keep doubling down?

Ryan's a pro driver.  I think Viper cup back a few years ago? I don't think a group of amateurs like us are in a position to give him tips.

10 minutes ago, Thundermoose said:

Ryan's a pro driver.  I think Viper cup back a few years ago? I don't think a group of amateurs like us are in a position to give him tips.

I wasn't giving him  any tips.    

His laps are fast, I don't know a lot about Porsches and was surprised as to the acceleration of the GT3, I wasn't even remotely trying to compare his car to mine nor his driving.   

I did compare his mid corner speed with mine and his top speed because as a basis of comparison as to how fast the car is in a straight line.   I wasn't commenting on the lap just the car.   

A 400hp hp car and similar weight I had assumed would be closer to my car in acceleration and I was wrong.    The thing is a rocketship.     

A faster driver with a car that I thought would be classed with my own would be awesome to run against in TT and maybe ST because theres lots of hot garbage in ST2   Because, as I've picked up pace a lot of that is from chasing drivers better than me.     

He took that the wrong way and got his feelings hurt.    I tried to explain multiple times that wasn't my intent.   

You keep telling me my feelings are hurt and I'm laughing at you.  You are welcome to introduce your self to me any time you see me at the ranch... I have experienced a lot of keyboard warriors and been one my self in my 20 years of racing.   No hard feelings over here. 

You're stuck on the acceleration of my car, but you seem to underestimate the efficiency of PDK.  My car has headers and straight pipes... I dont know what it dynos exactly. It's a fun weekend toy for me to take to the track periodically.   It's not my race car, so I dont worry about it much. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan Schimsk said:

You keep telling me my feelings are hurt and I'm laughing at you.  You are welcome to introduce your self to me any time you see me at the ranch... I have experienced a lot of keyboard warriors and been one my self in my 20 years of racing.   No hard feelings over here. 

yah it seemed that way.   glad we can reset.   

If anything I would want advice from you and if you're at MSR for NASA I'll totally come introduce myself.      I'm not much of a keyboard warrior, just a knack for saying things that people take the wrong way.   It's my own deficiency in communication.    

1 minute ago, Ryan Schimsk said:

You're stuck on the acceleration of my car, but you seem to underestimate the efficiency of PDK.  My car has headers and straight pipes... I dont know what it dynos exactly. It's a fun weekend toy for me to take to the track periodically.   It's not my race car, so I dont worry about it much. 

thats my point all along, I am stuck on it because I had no idea that they were that fast and don't have any experience with a dual clutch car.  Just surprised me once I saw how fast that thing accelerated.       (I also don't know the differences between 991,997 etc etc) 

I only asked about dyno because its a requirement for NASA classing and my entire extracurricular life revolves around NASA.   

I really didn't mean anything by it. 

4 hours ago, Ryan Schimsk said:

on a message board that about 5 people probably actively read. 

hey pal watch it, there’s at least 6

😭

9 minutes ago, derekyarbrough857 said:

991.1 gt3 with headers. tune and not tuned. 
spacer.png

so not too far off.. was purely an estimation anyway.  I suspect i'm not making the same power as a car with a tune, but all in all 20hp (5%) isnt a huge deal....  My weight is an estimation also, i weighed the car before while setting cross weight and it was 3380, but took out a few small items, estimating 30lbs.  

MSRC 1.7 CW
Date: December 14, 2019
Lap time: 1:23.441 with Aim Solo
Car: 1995 BMW M3
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 2900
Estimated wheel horsepower: 250
Tire size and model: 255/40/17 RS4
Estimated ambient temperature: 60's

First afternoon session, rained most of the morning. I reset by PB a few time this weekend. Blew the apexes on both big a little bend, so that hurt me a bit. Having some fast people to chase and push me helped a bunch.

Y'all are cute - may I suggest a single bed at the love nest across the street from MSR? LOL!

Ryan - you are laying down some very nice laps!!