Jump to content
ken o

MSR 1.7 Lap Times

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, texevora said:

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date: 6/29/19
Lap time: 1:20.23 (via AIM Solo 2 DL)
Car: Ariel Atom SRA
Total vehicle weight with driver: 1685 lbs 
Wheel horsepower: 195 hp estimated (230hp crank)
Tires:  BFG R1S w/ 28 heat cycles
Estimated ambient temperature: 87.8 degrees

Nice lap Jeff

Share this post


Link to post

I'm Jason... Jeff is in the garage next to me (we have basically identical SpecRaceAtoms), and is still a second or so quicker than me. Doing my best to catch up!

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, joesurf79 said:

MSR- 1.7 CCW, temp in the low 90s and breezy

Date- 07/13/19

Lap time- 1:24.66 via AIM SOLO 2DL

2016 BRZ, 183 avg hp

Weight with driver- 2,725

Tire - Maxxis RC1, 255/40/17, half used up.

No video because I suck at packing and preparation (forgot the go pro), but I'll add a pic of the Aim screen when I get a chance.  

Edit : BAM!!

20190716_204551.thumb.jpg.20079aef091afd0e94aa530e1e1a7117.jpg

Now i need to look at the data and see where that one was made better than the rest...I'm suspicious that it was that one realllyyy clean traffic free lap I got...

That's cooking man! My best lap of the day Sunday was the same...1:24.598

Except I have over 200 HP more on pretty new NT01s 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BigMonkey73 said:

That's cooking man! My best lap of the day Sunday was the same...1:24.598

Except I have over 200 HP more on pretty new NT01s 🙂

Thanks man - and hey Quick is Quick regardless of the car or tires, and yours was faster - nice work Jose :good:!!!

I'm getting a couple sets of rich-people-cast-off-race-slicks to try out soon - excited to see how much faster they are than the 100tw RC1s I love so much. I also hear that NT01s are better than my RC1s in the heat...might have to try those too!

Share this post


Link to post

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date:  7/13/2019
Lap time: 1:24.83 (AIM)
Car: 1995 BMW M3
Vehicle weight with driver: ~2900 lbs
Wheel horsepower: ~250
Tires:  245/40-17 RE-71R
Estimated ambient temperature: 90 degrees

 

1/100th faster than my best going the other direction on these same tires. Race studio says there's 2.5 seconds out there with my current splits, but I'm not going to find it on these tires. It feels like the grip really drops by lap 6-7. By lap 9 it's pretty greasy, especially in this heat. But it takes me time to get comfortable with everything again. The car wants the fast laps early, but I feel more in the groove later. With speed differences on warm up laps, records are going to be hard to set in HPDE.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, SpaceRangerJoe said:


Tires:  245/40-17 RE-71R
Estimated ambient temperature: 90

 It feels like the grip really drops... The TIRES want the fast laps early, but I feel more in the groove later. 

FTFY- Sounds about right, RE71s do this 😉

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

FTFY- Sounds about right, RE71s do this 😉

Yeah, you're right. Nothing surprising there at all, I am not the first person to discover this behavior.

@joesurf79, I saw you coming off track several time when I was sitting on the grid (sometimes with a grill full of grass). I wanted to come by and say hi but I think you were busy with instructor stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SpaceRangerJoe said:

I saw you coming off track several time when I was sitting on the grid (sometimes with a grill full of grass). I wanted to come by and say hi but I think you were busy with instructor stuff.

YUP :) - went off both days chasing the stupid predicted lap in the 23's. I'd see it on the AIM and get all excited and psyche myself out...And the grill was only half full of grass - the other half was full of poor helpless crickets and other assorted bugs. I swear I picked a dozen from the mesh each day!

Next time come say Hi man.  Busy is right. It's the most work you can do for "free track time", but the people make it worth it, so yell at me next time :) !

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SpaceRangerJoe said:

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date:  7/13/2019
Lap time: 1:24.83 (AIM)
Car: 1995 BMW M3
Vehicle weight with driver: ~2900 lbs
Wheel horsepower: ~250
Tires:  245/40-17 RE-71R
Estimated ambient temperature: 90 degrees

 

1/100th faster than my best going the other direction on these same tires. Race studio says there's 2.5 seconds out there with my current splits, but I'm not going to find it on these tires. It feels like the grip really drops by lap 6-7. By lap 9 it's pretty greasy, especially in this heat. But it takes me time to get comfortable with everything again. The car wants the fast laps early, but I feel more in the groove later. With speed differences on warm up laps, records are going to be hard to set in HPDE.


Perfect time trial tires! Once I go through these remaining NT01s, I'm switching to Rival 1.5 to see what all the fuss is about and see if they actually do last forever. Would be awesome to only need maybe 2 sets per season..plus they'd be a bit cheaper for me.

Really good driving man! If you can manage to get at the front of the pack, you should stay there with little to no traffic for a good 5 or 6 laps with your lap times.

I'm looking forward to getting past August and this heat, but I'd take it over rain any day.

Share this post


Link to post

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date: 8/3/19
Lap time: 1:19.219 (via AIM Solo 2 DL)
Car: Ariel Atom SRA
Total vehicle weight with driver: 1685 lbs 
Wheel horsepower: 195 hp estimated (230hp crank)
Tires:  205/50/R15 Hoosier R7 fronts (scrubs), 23x9.5R15 FA rears (scrubs)
Estimated ambient temperature: 91.4 degrees

1st time on these tires/wheels, hoping to unlock more time as I get familiar with the wider-than-stock rears.

Share this post


Link to post

MSR-C 1.7 CCW
Date: 3/10/19
Lap time: 1:19.692 via MyLaps transponder
Car: Honda S2000 
Total vehicle weight with driver: 2813
Wheel horsepower: 242 hp NASA Avg 225 
Tires:  245/40/R17 Hoosier R7 
Estimated ambient temperature: 75? 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...