Sign in to follow this  
OutlawDCustoMs

Anyone interested?

To your original question. Yes I would be very interested in coming out... can we wait until it cools off just a bit though.

Agreed, would love to make it out, but I don't know that I'm doing anything until after [email protected] or at least until it is under 102F?

robert

awesome! this past weekend was actually a great day to come out, it rained so it was definitely a lot more cool.

I don't think I'll be there this month, but Groove Union days are the 14th and 27th

When was the track re-paved? I liked the track when I ran there last year (PCA TT event), but it was not somewhere I'd wanna run all the time...

reason I ask about the re-paving...when I ran there last year the tire wear was more than MSR-h by a good bit. Not like TWS...but more halfway between the two. This would have been ok but the grip was less than MSR-H.

I guess this is a reason I haven't been back...but I will return and host a few PCA events there...price is good, good people and still a fun track. Just not as good of a surface as MSR-H or TWS. Sorry...not close at all.

We ran Clockwise with the infield section. I did a 1:07 flat in the Miata (108whp 1.6L car) and a 1:05 flat in the stock Boxster S. I think once the Miata is done this fall it could drop a few seconds...the Boxster a second or two with the camber and struts it has now too :)

Absolutely agree with the pit area, it is pretty filthy. However, the track itself after being repaved is much better than both MSR and TWS. As for the drop-offs it just depends where on the track, every track has it's problems. As for addition to the track, we've taken some different turns. If we added more track coming back around the entrance area, we would not be able to self sustain the track without an actual staff. As of right now, it literally takes ONE person to run the track along with a few instructors and EMS. If we added more out of field view, we would need an actually staff and corner workers. This becomes a much more capital extensive track to run. We are going over some other options to add more to the track so we will have an actual straight so we have some time to cool down the brakes. We have other plans that have been half completed, hopefully we'll have things completed soon.... but who knows! anyways, still would love for people to come out since we're a fun good track to come enjoy. ALSO, i would love to see some of the lotus guys out there since I'll be joining the crowd hopefully in a bit =)

When was the track re-paved? I liked the track when I ran there last year (PCA TT event), but it was not somewhere I'd wanna run all the time...

reason I ask about the re-paving...when I ran there last year the tire wear was more than MSR-h by a good bit. Not like TWS...but more halfway between the two. This would have been ok but the grip was less than MSR-H.

I guess this is a reason I haven't been back...but I will return and host a few PCA events there...price is good, good people and still a fun track. Just not as good of a surface as MSR-H or TWS. Sorry...not close at all.

We ran Clockwise with the infield section. I did a 1:07 flat in the Miata (108whp 1.6L car) and a 1:05 flat in the stock Boxster S. I think once the Miata is done this fall it could drop a few seconds...the Boxster a second or two with the camber and struts it has now too :)

I think you ran after the track was repaved... As far as the tire wear, a year can change a lot. There are literally 4x or more amount of cars that run on both MSR-H and TWS than GSS. I haven't been to TWS in a while, but the last time I went to MSR-H which was with Ferrari... the track was DEFINITELY a lot more worn than GSS. I've only been around GSS for maybe 6 months. As far as being a good surface... it's definitely not the cream of the crop, but it's DEFINITELY fun to drive (but very hard on your car w/ the inner loop open).

I don't know about how you feel your grip was so poor... I don't feel its too shabby and I'm on crappy EMTs on the rear and worn out P6s in the front... (Bleh my wheels still aren't in yet, have new tires waiting for them and everything ahhh lol sorry for the rant)

Anyone coming out this Sunday the 14th? If so, say hello to the silver s2k!

Anyone coming out this Sunday the 14th? If so, say hello to the silver s2k!

nope i won't be instructing this weekend, i'm in the dallas area right now along with one of our other instructors, dysen should be in the instructor, he has a blue s2k

nope i won't be instructing this weekend, i'm in the dallas area right now along with one of our other instructors, dysen should be in the instructor, he has a blue s2k

Aw, maybe next time. Yea, I know Dysen he's a good guy! and pretty quick lol

Aw, maybe next time. Yea, I know Dysen he's a good guy! and pretty quick lol

ah cool well since david decided to cancel this past weekend, lets see if i can make it out on the 27th =)

ah cool well since david decided to cancel this past weekend, lets see if i can make it out on the 27th =)

Yes! I'm going to try and go. I was totally free this past Sunday. Next week though I start grad school. Blehh. Busy time.

Not really upset...the surface just flat out wasn't as good as advertised...which isn't bad because it was still good...just not awesome...

Anyway...I'll go out and host some events there for sure...I had a blast and really enjoyed the inner loop portion...but my favorite part (going CW at least) was the wiggles after the back "straight" fun trying to carry more and more speed into there each lap.

The grip wasn't "so poor" though....but it was more the balance...everyone I talked to had more understeer there than other tracks. Not a big problemm...just something for me to remember for my next trip...I"ll make a tuning change :)

I think you ran after the track was repaved... As far as the tire wear, a year can change a lot. There are literally 4x or more amount of cars that run on both MSR-H and TWS than GSS. I haven't been to TWS in a while, but the last time I went to MSR-H which was with Ferrari... the track was DEFINITELY a lot more worn than GSS. I've only been around GSS for maybe 6 months. As far as being a good surface... it's definitely not the cream of the crop, but it's DEFINITELY fun to drive (but very hard on your car w/ the inner loop open).

I don't know about how you feel your grip was so poor... I don't feel its too shabby and I'm on crappy EMTs on the rear and worn out P6s in the front... (Bleh my wheels still aren't in yet, have new tires waiting for them and everything ahhh lol sorry for the rant)

It would be so awesome if you were talking about this. WANT!

Actually, i'm doing one better than that... the car i'm getting you cannot buy... the team will build it for me

Not really upset...the surface just flat out wasn't as good as advertised...which isn't bad because it was still good...just not awesome...

Anyway...I'll go out and host some events there for sure...I had a blast and really enjoyed the inner loop portion...but my favorite part (going CW at least) was the wiggles after the back "straight" fun trying to carry more and more speed into there each lap.

The grip wasn't "so poor" though....but it was more the balance...everyone I talked to had more understeer there than other tracks. Not a big problemm...just something for me to remember for my next trip...I"ll make a tuning change :)

i have no idea what it was advertised lol and you're absolutely right... blasting out of inner loop is FRIGGIN AMAZING!

Actually, i'm doing one better than that... the car i'm getting you cannot buy... the team will build it for me

i have no idea what it was advertised lol and you're absolutely right... blasting out of inner loop is FRIGGIN AMAZING!

Sweet! Now I really want a ride grin.gif

I think the understeer is because a traditional line through many corners starts to lose camber. In fact the line advertised by the track (at least in the video, have not done a GU yet) sends you to parts where the camber is not as good like T2-3.

Sweet! Now I really want a ride grin.gif

I think the understeer is because a traditional line through many corners starts to lose camber. In fact the line advertised by the track (at least in the video, have not done a GU yet) sends you to parts where the camber is not as good like T2-3.

absolutely... only problem is they're all allocated already... i wasted too much time, but i'm up for the next avail =)